September 29 - October 5 we were in Vico Pancellorum. That is the little village in the dolomite mountains that Adrian's family is from. I must it admit it is not only fun to be able to say we have a home there and watch peoples faces (even a small family home that is shared by the many is to be envied :)). One of his very dear cousins passed away this summer and he really wanted to get up and see the wife and daughter. We spent 3 days just hanging out in the village, eating in the wonderful restaurant that another cousin owns "Bucca di Bidalbo" also known as the "Circolo", they used to put plays and dances on there in the old days. And visiting with various friends and family there. It was lovely, the Tuscan mountains in fall are beautiful with leaves turning and blowing everywhere, its comfortably warm on the days it doesn't rain and quite chilly at night. We had to buy a heater for the bedroom so we would not freeze to death. It is our hope and plan to go back the day after Christmas and spend New Year's eve in the village.
We got home Sunday night, I got up Monday, did laundry and packed again to fly to Chicago. I'll be here on business until this coming Sunday and then I will fly to SF for a quick weeks visit before going on to my next meeting in Phoenix. So another three weeks away from our lovely home and new country. Through the end of the year I will do quite a bit of traveling. I am going to be exhausted come the new year - but I think in the long run it will be a wonderful exhaustion.
Oh, and the funniest thing about the last week or so. We went to Italy, it rained for 2 of the 3 days we were there. We got home it rained (I know its Ireland, but there's soft rain and theres rain), I landed in Chicago it's raining. Hmm, winter must be on its way.
No comments:
Post a Comment