Ok, so I have gone back and forth two day - am I subscriber of the glass half empty or half full theory.
I was meant to go to an auction today and pick up a wardrobe and a small table that we had previewed. So, being that we have only one car I got up early (6:30am) and drove Adrian to work. As I am coming down the hill to come home on one of our main roads. Hit a patch of ice and slid completely out of controll. Took out a wooden rail on the side of the road. Ripped the front bumper, the back bumper, punched a hole in the oil pan and messed up one of the rear axles. Thats before the mechanic has really looked at the car. Called the Garda, called Adrian, Garda came, took my information, called a tow for me, said sit in your car they should be here in about 15 minutes. This was at half seven (as they say here) 7:30am. At 9:30am the farmer across the street said this is crazy, you'll come up to the house, have a cup of tea and get warm. I'll call my son to take you home. When the tow truck finally showed up at about noon, I had left the doors unlocked and my tom tom was stolen out of the glove box.
The glass half full portion of this scenario is: I was not hurt in the slightest, the farmer Pat and his wife Kathleen were amazingly nice people and we had a lovely visit. The reason the tow never showed up. Around the next round about on the next road there was an 8 car pile up, including a fire brigade truck that all had also spun out on ice. The tow truck had to go handle that call first - yes there are very few tow trucks in the area. They had to cut a man out of his overturned van.
So, now I am without a vehicle, but I am off to Norway for a week, so it will keep, I was not injured, I met some new people who were very nice and I did not spend any money at the auction. At first I was very frustrated and disappointed with everything that happened. But then I thought about the fact that I did not suffer really and I do have insurance. Initially all I could think about was freaking Genghis was back (some of you know what I am talking about!) but then I decided I would work with the glass half full theory.
I am working on trying to down load the pictures from my cell phone - but have not been successful as of yet. Adrian pointed out that I have now wiped out two cars and I really should stop doing that. Whatever......
Remember life could always be a lot worse and difficult situations are an opportunity.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment