So I must admit, since becoming Facebook addicted I have not really kept up with my blog. For this I sincerely apologize. So, the negligence in the title is mine for ignoring all of my friends and family who follow our adventures here in Ireland. Of mice, just before I left for a week in Dallas, I saw a mouse run out of my chimney. Prior to that when my niece was here she had seen some droppings in her bedroom when we came back from London. Learned tonight, that's probably where the mouse came in, through her open window. So, I take off for a week, having informed the husband that there is a mouse in the house. He tells me over the phone while I am gone, that he still has done nothing about it and... hmm, said mouse has now ripped some of the insulation out from under the dishwasher. Said mess is left for me to clean up when I arrive home (men). Today, I spoke with our landlord and he said, oh just run up to the house Marie will give you a couple of traps. Ok, this I can do, so I tell Adrian and we stop on our way back from the grocery store - she's not home. I figure no big deal, I can resolve tomorrow it's ok. So after doing the dinner dishes I sit on the Sofa in the family room to needlepoint and oh look there's a history channel special about the plague lets watch. (Get it, plague, rats, mice...) I realize that I can not find the piece of paper with my color instruction for the piece I am working on. So I start moving things around, including a blanket we have on the sofa, but look, there appear to be holes in the blanket, and wait is that what I think it is on the cushion. Yes it is, it is mouse dropping and chewed up paper. I go up stairs to get the vacuum, while Adrian starts removing the cushions. I am back down stairs as he lifts the cushion that the mouse is under. It runs along the back of the sofa, I jump on a chair. I am not doing this I say, and get in the car and drive back up to Marie's to see if she is home yet. 3 traps secured, she also kindly provided me with rasher fat to put on the traps. They are set and am hoping that in the morning we will see some positive results.
London, as many of you know Jessie is off in London doing a semester abroad, she has called home a couple of times and we have im'd back and forth. She indicated her home stay is different and promises to send pictures but will say no more about it. The house is incredibly quiet without her, but she'll be back in another 2.5 months, so I think I can hand. If I have not provided you with her address there email me and I will give it to you. So far her only major drawback is that she will turn 21 while there and of course that is no big deal in Europe with respect to drinking etc. Oh well the price one has to pay for a superior education.
I think that is about it for now, but will try to be better about keeping you all up to date. Oh one more thing, my Aunt Marilynn is very ill and I would appreciate it if you all kept her in your prayers. Thinking of everyone always!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment