Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

We had a very wonderful celebration yesterday here at Granahan Mor. Most of Adrian's co-workers and families showed up, interestingly enough I will have to tell people what to bring in the future as we had 4 different versions of Pasta Salad and 1 potato salad. We provided the burgers, the dogs and ribs. The ribs were not such a hit with the Irish, and they were a bit of trouble to find. When I went into the butcher and asked if they had country style pork ribs I was told they would need to be ordered. I then asked if there were any ribs suitable for Barbecuing and was told no. I had to go to another butcher to get the ribs. Next party I'll just do the dogs and burgers they were a huge hit. The weather was typically Irish, on the 3rd it was absolutely beautiful, yesterday I was barbecuing in the rain....shades of camping at McClure :0

Following are pictures of the party and you'll get an idea of some of the new freinds we have made here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12938045@N02/

No comments: