Friday, November 25, 2011
The day after
First I want to share two little known facts about Tacoma.....did you know that the candy Almond Rocca is made here in Tacoma and that Bing Crosby was born here, amazing.
So last night as we sat down to our very delicious Thanksgiving Feast, I realized that I am very fortunate to have parents from the two oldest and most prolific regions in the states. Mom was born and raised in Massachusetts (as was my stepmother)and Daddy was from Georgia. So, normally Thanksgiving dinner was a wonderful mix of both regions, we did not realize this when we were younger, but things like cranberry sauce and traditional sweet potato casserole represent both regions. The only thing I really missed and will probably miss again at Christmas, mince pie and rutabegas. In previous years I would still get to eat these things because my sister also loves these holiday foods from our childhood. I am sure after making the casserole for just the two of us I could easily do the rutabega for just me, but, not sure if I could find it in the stores here and the mince pie....well...no way I am eating an entire pie by myself, for a multitude of reasons.
Today dawned so clear and beautiful after all the rain, we are hoping to get the Christmas lights up outside. I have already changed over the beds and the dishes, but there is still much to do. As those who know me well know the entire house will get a holiday make over, over the next few days.
I'm not sure that I will ever have anything worth saying in this blog, but it is nice for me to be able to et rid of some of the things that constantly run around in my had.
By the way those of you insane enough to be out there shopping today, is it really worth it? I don't think I could ever deal with all the lunatics and crowds; I think I would just rather not buy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment