We arrived back in the US in mid July, Adrian's assignment is to "SEATAC" airport, started looking for a home to buy. What were we thinking, you are only given 60 days temp housing, this is not enough time to find and buy a house in most cases. We do know people who have been successful with that, but, not us. So in September we signed a one year lease on a lovely home in Tacoma. We are in an area known as Brown's Point, it's only about 1.5 miles to the Puget Sound. There's a walking trail near us, but we have not yet attempted it. Very happy to be here and still settling in.
Today is Thanksgiving and we are reminded to vocally give thanks for all the things we have been blessed with. Family, friends our health and life. We are exceedingly grateful to be home in the United States. Adrian is working today, but that is ok since it is just the two of us. He wanted to go out to dinner tonight, but...for me this is criminal. I personally can not go to dinner on any holiday except Mothers/Fathers day. It's just a personal choice and place. So, we saw that Trader Joe's offers a 1/2 Turkey, sounded good to me. This will give me enough to make pot pies after and still have a lovely traditional Thanksgiving dinner. The challenge is in making the appropriate quantity of food. I am so used to cooking for a crowd that I really haven't spent a lot of time thinking about making a holiday for just the two of us.
I posted the fact that it was hard to do on Facebook and the response was interesting. The number of my friends that were concerned about us being "alone". We are very happy to spend the holiday with just the two of us, and it will be very quiet and romantic. So, I took a friends recipe for traditional sweet potato casserole and cut it down (to the best of my ability), we'll see how it turns out tonight. Still have to figure out small quantity dressing.
I had all these amazing thoughts rolling around in my brain when I woke up and was laying in the bed, but can't think of any of it now of course.
Here's hoping you all have an amazing Thanksgiving day!
No comments:
Post a Comment