Friday night we went to "Traditional Irish Nights" in the corn barn at Bunratty Folk Park. It was great fun and let me just say that the Irish Cream made here is 100 times better than Baileys. It was like eating Ice Cream. It was a fun night, the meal was Salad - have I said how fantastic the salads are here. Tradtional Irish Stew it was yummy. And then apple pie with fresh cream. They do not add as much sugar to the cream here but it is still very yummy. I was stuffed by the time we walked out. I have added some pictures of the entertainment courtesy of Dan Oulette. The singer reminded me of Eileen Kilgariff, unfortunately we did not get a picture of her.
On Saturday morning we got up and took the bus into Limmerick, we went to breakfast at the "Wild Onion" at the Corn Market. The place is owned by Americans and serve French Toast with Maple Syrup - that was lovely, I am still on the hunt for American style bacon. We met a lovely couple from Maine that spends 5 months a year here - Nancy and Elliott. Everybody is amazing and always willing to assist in what ever way necessary. Ruth (the owner of the restuarant) is from Chicago originally and offered me a waitressing job, I politely turned it down.
Then we wandered throuh peoples park and went to the Hunt Museum. It was ragingly cold, an arctic blast had come in and I wasn't feeling great -so we called it an early day and took the bus back to Bun Raite (Bunratty), I had a nap and then we had an early dinner at Gallaghers Seafood Restaurant. I of course had "Steak", which is always advertised as being 100% Irish Beef.
Enjoy the photos.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
there you two are! nice pic. you said 'photos' i only see one. is there more?
the irish cream sounds heavenly. hows the coffee? or is tea beverage of choice?
it sounds like you are enjoying yourselves and meeting a lot of nice folks. still miss you guys
I could only get 1 picture to load, still struggling with the posting of photos. Coffee is hit and miss so tea is truly the beverage of choice.
Post a Comment