Haven't done much of anythin today, just looking at homes and emailing realtors back and forth. The weather is turning again and they say it may snow this weekend as an arctic blast is going to come in. Supposed to rain this weekend as well.
Adrian and I will take the bus into Limmerick tomorrow and walk about a bit. Tonight we are going with Dan, another new arrival from Boston, to a dinner show that will include "trad music and dance". It's held in the folk park of Bunratty Castle.
Oh and the front desk manager offered me a position today....hmmm.....maybe I'm spending to much time in the lobby. I told her I had to speak with the embassy first and I would not be interested in anything full time. But, I might be interested in working part-time. Wait until I tell her that I will be gone for 6 weeks during the height of tourist season. The offer will probably dissappear at that point.
Limmerick is the largest city in County Clare, after touring the museum and other things tomorrow I'll be able to give you a much more worthwhile description.
Adrian should be rolling in shortly which will be nice, but then all my freinds will be up and on-line so I'll be chatting with them for a bit.
Remeber how I said the shower was to small to shave in- I keep accidently turning the water off with my elbow when I am rinsing my hair...... Jessie might actually fit without doing to much damage, being that she is soooo tiny.
And the refridgerator is the same size that everyone has in the office or if they are in a dorm. Apparently, that is standard here. My guess is because you go to the butchers and the bakers and the candlestick makers ":) everyday here. That could be a bit tricky when it comes to actually accepting a house - but - I have also heard that landlords are willing to negotiate many things. We'll see.
That's it for today - as I said a slow day..... Have a great day and don't work to haaaaard :)
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Artic Blast! Sounds awfully cold. Tanya you have a great way of writing I look forward to your next post.
Sounds like you're doing a good job of being patient. Christine makes an unbelievable Irish Stew that uses Guinness & Merlot in the broth. Do you know the ingredients that they are using there? How is the exchange rate? Sorry if they're using the Euros.
refridgerator is the same size that everyone has in the office? That way do don't have to buy so much junk and store it... Just as long as you have room for the neccesity like: ice cream - otherwise just go out to eat.
hey you...this blog site doesn't like me....I had to recreate my password and then it said my blog was saved and would be posted....nope it never was...so to here goes again. HMMM a job, sounds interesting. DId you guys enjoy the dinner and show the other night...and how was Limirick? Let's see if this one gets posted...TTYS Kat
Post a Comment