The trials and tribulations of trying to move to a new country. Finally, got our Irish drivers licenses today they are funny and on big pink paper. And of course, first thing that happens to me is I get pulled over by the Garda (police), because I picked up my cell to answer a call. Its illegal to not use blue tooth or hands free here in Europe. However, it wasn't a ticket, but I already have two points added to my drivers license whatever that means. And of course, when I got pulled over I did not have the drivers license because I had not picked Adrian up from work yet. And of course, I don't have proof of insurance yet it should be here in 5 to 7 days, so now I have to report to the Garda station within the next 10 days with proof of both. That's what we get for buying a red car. Off to purchase a "hands free kit" this week.
Also, got an email from the moving company the other day, our sea shipment (furniture and everything else) has not left the states yet. It won't leave until May 28 and arrive in Cork on June 1, but then it needs to clear customs. We of course are moving into the house of Thursday, so its a good thing the landlord was willing to leave the beds and kitchen table. We'll have someplace to sit and someplace to eat for the next month and a half.
It's all good though, we'll just continue hanging out and moving along with the transition. It's a good thing nobody was rushing out to see us.
By the time we get everything resolved we'll be ready for visitors.
We had a beautiful morning and early afternoon - and now we are having a thunderstorm - its amazing really.
Well thats where we stand for now we don't have any major plans until the third week of May, but then we will be going off to Scotland for a few days.
I'll keep updating.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment